For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. This is why you must take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having prepared everything, to take your stand. (Ephesians 6:12)
A few insights I have gathered in my research and personal experiences include the following:
1. Do not confront the demonic on their home ground. Exorcists are taught to take the demonized to holy or consecrated ground.
2. Never attempt an exorcism by yourself. One always needs the prayers and spiritual support of others. Also, people may question your conduct if you confront a demonized person in isolation.
3. Ignore ‘parlour’ tricks. Demons will use tricks to terrify the unsuspecting – feats of strength, revelation of secrets, temperature changes and threats. Be safe and confident in the shed blood of Christ.
4. Use the authority of Jesus – not your own name. Demons do not recognise the authority of humanity. By the authority of Jesus and His blood, you may command the unclean spirits.
5. Demons ignore doctrine and dogma. Command only in the name of Jesus – not by the power of free will, predestination or conditional salvation.
6. Do not use the name of a demon out loud unless commanding them to leave by the authority of Christ. Using the name out loud in common talk or in jest will attract the entity. Avoid watching horror movies as the demonic finds this inspirational (hell porn).
7. Demons consider humans as incredibly stupid. We have the revelation of God and Christ, a new covenant, yet we prefer the antireligious religion of humanism. Near Death Experiences involving sinners and non-believers often show that:
a. The dead are told and understand the reality of God’s holiness and justice – God’s judgement is good and just.
b. Demons laugh at the blindness and stupidity of the damned. The torments are unimaginable. Some people believe that they are in paradise, then things go horribly wrong. Common accounts show homosexuals are chained together in a lake of fire and that practitioners of witchcraft devour their own flesh. Regardless what the humanist thinks is fair and just, God has the final word.
c. Escape and resistance against the powers of hell are futile without Jesus. Marines and other strongmen are amazed by their weakness.
8. Demonic phenomena can be seen as:
a) infestation (localised haunting of a house or place);
b) obsession (a Christian is attacked mentally or physically by demons). The thoughts are not your own – ignore them and hand them over to Jesus.
C) possession (a demon or demons reside in part of the personality or mind of their victim in the hope of gaining full control of their consciousness).
9. PSYCHICS are easily fooled by demons who feed them mental impressions of sweet, innocent children and thereby hide their true identity.
10. If you want to be an exorcist, then you are probably not suitable for the role. Exorcists are called by God, through the church or other means. Well-studied Christians have failed badly because it was not their calling.
with truth like a belt around your waist,
righteousness like armor on your chest,
and your feet sandaled with readiness
for the gospel of peace.
In every situation take the shield of faith,
and with it you will be able to extinguish
all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Take the helmet of salvation,
and the sword of the Spirit,
which is God’s word.
Pray at all times in the Spirit with every prayer and request, and stay alert in this with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints.